Late Abstract Submission is now closed
Deadline was 8 August 2013 14:00 CEST (Berlin)
Late abstract submission is now closed. Please note: successful late abstracts will be included in the conference abstract book. Travel grants and early registration rates were only available to those submitting abstracts by 12 June.
Participants who submitted abstracts by the early deadline on 12 June and whose abstracts are accepted, are eligible for the early registration fee. Upon confirmation of acceptance, participants will receive a special booking code to be entered in the registration system to ensure the early rate is applied. These confirmations will be sent out in July. Therefore you do NOT have to register until you know about your abstract.
- Cell Cycle
- Cell & Tissue Architecture
- Cellular Metabolism
- Chromatin & Transcription
- Differentiation & Death
- Genome Stability & Dynamics
- Genomic & Computational Biology
- Membranes & Transport
- Microbiology, Virology & Pathogens
- Molecular Medicine
- Plant biology
- Proteins & Biochemistry
- Signal Transduction
- Structural Biology & Biophysics
- Systems Biology
Please see more details for each subject category to assist you in selecting your topics.
Abstract submission guidelines
- The presenting author is required to attend The EMBO Meeting 2013.
- Participants who submitted abstracts by the early deadline on 12 June and whose abstracts are accepted, are eligible for the early registration fee. Upon confirmation of acceptance, participants will receive a special booking code to be entered in the registration system to ensure the early rate is applied. These confirmations were sent out in July. This does NOT apply to those submitting late abstracts.
- Maximum recommended poster dimensions: 882 x 1,274mm (36" x 49.08") Portrait - DIN A0 Oversize Format.
- The abstract book will be available online as a downloadable PDF two weeks prior to the conference to allow all registered participants to review abstracts and highlight posters of interest before arrival. A printed abstract book will ONLY be available for you if you specify when registering that you would like one at a cost of €15.00.
- Should you have any general questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All abstracts must be submitted in English, via the online abstract submission system only. Abstracts sent by e-mail will NOT be accepted.
- Abstracts will be selected based on their scientific merit and the quality and novelty of data presented; it is therefore essential that you clearly and succinctly describe aims, procedures, major findings, and the significance of the research reported. Abstracts containing insufficient information for review will be rejected.
- Abstracts MAY NOT:
- advertise a commercial product
- contain a list of literature references, or acknowledgements of financial or other support
- include graphics or tables
- use, or depend on, character formatting such as bold, italics, superscript, symbol fonts.
- Abstracts MUST:
- be submitted in their final state and will be reproduced directly from the online submission – any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will appear in print as submitted
- include the title (max. 200 characters incl. spaces, avoiding ALL CAP spelling)
- be structured in three single-paragraph sections (Background max. 500 characters incl. spaces, Observations max. 1,200 characters incl. spaces, Conclusions max. 300 characters incl. spaces)
- be submitted with the agreement of all listed authors
- be submitted with a licence granted to EMBO to publish the accepted abstract in the conference book, and to make the book available to all registered participants in printed and electronic form
More detailed instructions will be available on the submission form.
EMBO reserves the right to reject submissions that fail to comply with the above regulations, and to remove reference lists, acknowledgements and commercial advertising from accepted abstracts without prior notice.