“How life works.”
– Paul Nurse, Nobel Laureate, Director of Francis Crick Institute
"How to choose the right models for disease, and how to translate the results of studying diseases and therapeutic regimens from the bench to the bedside."
– Amir Schajnovitz, Postdoc, Harvard University, USA
“To bridge the gap between quantitative, mechanistic studies and large-scale biological datasets.”
– Thomas Lemberger, Chief Editor, Molecular Systems Biology
“Developing novel therapeutics for pancreatic cancer. Targeted therapeutics have been failing, and there haven’t been any therapeutic breakthroughs in the last 20 years.”
– Clara Lubeseder-Martellato, Postdoc, Klinikum Rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
"To reconcile biology with physics and chemistry"
– Andres Diaz, Max-Planck Institute CBG, Dresden, Germany
Collected by Raeka Aiyar